We’re wrapping up National Truck Driver Appreciation Week!
Did you know that Leggett & Platt employs nearly 400 drivers nationally? Our truck drivers make sure that our products and materials get where they need to be.
In many ways, drivers keep us running!
- Did you know that your favorite grocery store would run out of food in just 3 days without truck drivers?
- There are over 16 million trucks in the U.S. alone. If these trucks were stacked on top of each other, they would reach the moon!
- The average driver will spend roughly 240 nights a year on the road. That means they are away from their homes and families over half of a year. That is a lot of missed date nights, football games, cheer practices, and bedtimes.
- Many truck drivers take pets on their trips. Pets help combat loneliness, reduce stress, and encourage regular exercise.
- It is estimated that 1 in every 14 jobs in the U.S. is created by or directly affected by the trucking industry.
If you get the chance today, be sure to thank a driver.
To all of our drivers at L&P, we appreciate you!
If you’re interested in driving for us, we’re always looking for experienced drivers to join our team. At L&P, you’ll find state-of-the-art equipment and full benefits. You can apply here.