L&P recently released our inaugural Sustainability Report. The report provides information about our approach to and performance on the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters that are most important to our business.
- Over 90% of the steel we use is produced from scrap steel
- Our specialty foam is CertiPUR-US®-certified
- Roughly half the wood we use in our U.S. bedding products comes from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified sources
- Our carpet cushion products are certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) Green Label Plus and help customers achieve LEED green building certification
Our governance structure also supports our goals surrounding sustainability and accountability:
- Annually elected directors
- Majority voting and 3/3/20/20 proxy access
- Diverse board and management team
- 6 of our 11 directors are diverse by race/ethnicity or gender
- 4 of our 8 corporate executive officers are diverse by race/ethnicity or gender
- Policies supporting the integrity of our operations
- Conflict minerals and human trafficking policies
- Supplier code of conduct
- Code of business conduct and ethics and governance guidelines
Our Executive Leadership Team shares an aligned vision for the future of our company. Our mission is to create shareholder value, and the best way to do that is to build businesses and a culture that are sustainable for generations to come.
We invite you to read the full report HERE.