L&P completed construction on our original Dallas factory in the 1930s. This early aerial photo shows the facility located on Oak Lawn Avenue in what is now downtown Dallas. Within the next decade, due primarily to city politics and the increasing value of the property, L&P sold the land and moved its operations 35 miles south to Ennis, Texas.
The original plant in Ennis, Texas (below) produced innersprings, all-wire bedsprings, and some furniture components. By the end of 1948, L&P was already planning the facility’s first expansion.