If you want to get to know Leggett & Platt, you should get to know our people first. What better way for you to do that than by seeing a few of their favorite things.
Rebekah’s role: Learning Design Specialist
Job in a nutshell: Drawing, writing, and using other learning strategies to contribute to the professional development of employees.
- Books – I’m new to the world of Adult Learning and Instructional Design, so I do a LOT of industry reading for work. The book I’m currently reading: Design for How People Learn by Julie Dirksen.
- Recording Microphone – Part of my job at Leggett & Platt includes recording voiceovers for on-demand learning like software tutorials and e-learning courses.
- Marker Board + Eraser – I write scripts, class outlines, and copy for mass email. I also create vector graphics and choose images for our live presentations. The brainstorming for all my projects starts here, on a marker board.
- Headphones + iPod – This is a creative brainstorming essential! I’ve been caught all-out dancing in my office more than once, but I won’t apologize. It gets my creative juices flowing! The most recent jam I’ve been playing on repeat: Lose It by Oh Wonder.
- Yoga Mat + Essential Oils + Diffuser – I really do keep these items in my office at all times – because I’m a total hippy.
Want to see more? Check out the series introduction.